Flash Mobs & Lip-Dubs!

"We focus so much on our differences, and that is creating, I think, a lot of chaos and negativity and bullying in the world. And I think if everybody focused on what we all have in common - which is - we all want to be happy." -Ellen DeGeneres

After a series of serious, and at times disheartening, posts about the realities of cyberbullying, I wanted to end on a hopeful and uplifting note. I stumbled upon a post on the Cyberbullying Research Center's blog titled Flash Mobs and Lip-Dubs to Combat Bullying. The article talked about using the power of student voice to help create a positive and healthy school climate by capitalizing on students' interest in dance and music and on their skills with recording and editing videos. In addition to teaching students how to recognize, address, and prevent cyberbullying, it's equally important to cultivate a positive school climate through enjoyable and fun community-building activities. In reference to the joy that student flash mobs and lip-dubs can inspire, blog author Sameer Hinduja writes, "These are the moments that matter when it comes to connecting and bonding students together, improving morale, fostering cooperation and teamwork, inspiring positive thinking, and promoting school spirit."

Whether you're a student, teacher, parent, or administrator, you could help take the first steps toward organizing an anti-bullying flash mob or lip-dub at your school. Check out these videos for some inspiration!

   


Have an idea for a song that would be ideal for an anti-bullying flash mob or lip-dub? Share it in the comments section below!

Comments

  1. Allison, I think you are showing your strengths as a blogger. The Ellen quote is invigorating for all who read it and the videos are inspiring. It seems like people can combat cyberbullying and bullying by showcasing their talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, Brian! I'm glad you enjoyed the quote and videos. And yes, building strong relationships, such as through sharing talents, can definitely play a role in combatting cyberbullying.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Cyberbullying Statistics

Introduction

Cyberbullying Laws & Policies