Introduction

"Unless and until our society recognizes cyberbullying for what it is, the suffering of thousands of silent victims will continue." -Anna Maria Chavez

Hi and welcome to my blog.

I am currently a second year assistant principal at a private high school in Baltimore, MD. Over the past couple of years, we’ve had several issues that revolved around student misuse of social media, both during school hours and outside of school hours. Our principal and dean of students have been the primary ones to handle these issues, although through conversations with them, I realized I had a need to learn more about social media issues in schools, specifically about cyberbullying. As a new administrator, I want to make sure that I am as knowledgeable as possible about issues that impact our students. For this reason, I’ve started this blog with the goal of deepening my understanding of cyberbullying through research and discussion. I look forward to sharing information and insights with you, and also to interacting with you through the comments section. My hope is to share information that can be valuable to many different stakeholder groups - parents, teachers, administrators, and even students. If you’d like to learn a little about cyberbullying before we begin, check out this page, which offers a nice overview.

If you have any questions, or if there are any specific aspects of cyberbullying that you’d like for me to address throughout this blog, please share them in the comments section below.

Looking forward to learning with you!

Comments

  1. Your start-up post got me thinking about the scope of cyberbullying problems. I look forward to your authentic approach and examples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad and thanks! It's definitely proving practical to think/write about this topic with my own context in mind.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Cyberbullying Statistics

Cyberbullying Laws & Policies